Our history begins with Rosa Griego, the original owner of Rosita's Restaurant. In 1948 she opened Griego's Market at 513 W. Main St in Barstow and in 1954 expanded her business to half grocery market and half restaurant. In 1957, Rosa took her restaurant a step further and completely phased out the grocery market, making room for a 100-seat dining area and cocktail lounge.
Rosa believed in a family run business and promoted her daughter, Mary Alice, and son-in-law, Genaro Guardado (Jerry), to partners in 1971. From there, Jerry became the mastermind in Rosta's current location. In 1974, a vacant building at 540 W. Main St. caught Jerry's attention and all three partners decided to make the very big purchase. Major renovations to the building transformed it into a hacienda-style restaurant, including two separate banquet rooms and the capacity to seat up to 500 people total.
Mary Alice and Jerry Sr. have five children; Rosemary, Geraldine, Anna, Margaret, and Jerry Jr. and each one has contributed to the family business at some point in their lives. In 1991 Jerry Jr. became a fourth partner in the family business. Today, Jerry Jr. and his daughter, Anastasia, are both owners and run the restaurant.
Sixty-three years and four generations after Rosa Griego first opened her doors, our family is continuing her original recipes along with other new and exciting dishes offered every day!